Job Vacancy - Editorial Assistant
Rowman and Littlefield International, a leading independent academic publisher based in Central London, is looking to appoint an Editorial Assistant to take on the challenge of assisting the Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Geography and Analytic Philosophy lists.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing editorial and administrative support to several editors
- Maintaining close contact with authors to ensure manuscripts are delivered to schedule
- Preparing manuscripts for production
- Ensuring metadata integrity and compliance with key dates
- Working closely with colleagues in production, sales and marketing
- Managing peer review, sending proposals out for academic review and ensuring we get feedback in a timely fashion
- Attending external events, as required
The role requires the following attributes:
- Well-organised and hardworking
- Meticulous, efficient, with good attention to detail
- A schematic and logical approach to problem solving
- Flexible approach with ability to prioritise effectively
- Good time management with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Some experience of publishing desirable, but not essential
RLI is a small, radical publisher that operates as an independent imprint of Rowman and Littlefield, publishing around 200 books a year. In this fast-moving role you will be developed and encouraged to input into the publishing strategy and future of RLI. Salary available on application.
To apply, please send a covering letter and a CV to the Publisher, Gurdeep Mattu, [email protected]
Closing Date 7th June: early applications may be prioritised.